Project create in the frame of the class Beams&Kaolin.
The initial idea was to make images from the litophane : eighteenth century technique that produces bas-relief images on porcelain with a back-lighting system.
I decided to adapt this technique to the 3D printer. Therefore, I create a sample to test the item’s transparency (small white PLA target, 4 levels of thickness).
By testing the item I find a singular interest for the thread it produces, once enlarged. The idea is to make images based on this item by silver-based printing.
The verification process is on its way : contact printing, then enlargement. The accident on the item (a tear) opens the possibles field : the verification item becomes the experimentation item. We enter the matter, we discover a landscape. Scale is muddled.
The images have different status : search for a sign (small format), search for a landscape (medium and large formats).
Thanks to this work, I have been one of the two winners of European Photography Awards !